Friday, September 3, 2010

Chandelier Shoes?


Hey guys!

Remember around this time last year when Prada released their SS 2010 Ready to Wear line? I totally fell in love with that line. I don't even know why, even the promo video repeats in my head frequently. Anyway, when I first saw the Chandelier shoes on the runway I wasn't sure. They looked good on the models and with the look, but I wasn't sure how they would translate into every day wear for normal women.

However, I still fantasized about these shoes! I started to think: I COULD MAKE THOSE. Obsessing about buying a pair of clear plastic stripper platforms and gluing some crystals on them. Thank God I stopped myself. Anyway--recently the Emmy's aired and I watched as Rita Wilson wore one of the dresses from the Prada SS 2010 line with my beloved Chandelier shoes. Let me tell you--girl did NOT rock this outfit. She looked like a hot-mess grandma. I don't even know, but it was bad.

It made me start to second guess my love for these shoes. So I wanted your opinion--do you think these shoes just didn't work for Rita because . . . why? Her body shape, age, just the whole look in general? Did ANYONE think they worked?

I'm still in love with these shoes and this line, but maybe I'm just crazy.

Also, here is a link to the promo video, lovelovelove.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nm0oYjZi9Hs

No comments:

Post a Comment