Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Kat Von D Inspired Rock Glam Look















This look was inspired by Kat Von D's new makeup collection. I don't actually own any of Kat Von D's products, so this look was completed by using the Sephora's Crystallized Palette (for eyeshadow) and Sephora's Colorbox for the lip.

1 Prime your eyes. I use Laura Geller Eye Spackle, but you can use any kind of primer or even concealer.

2 Fill lid with base color 1 (Refer to figure 1 for color swatches)

3 Use a blending brush, with color 2, in a sweeping motion to define crease

4 Using color 3, dab blending brush along edge of crease to darken fold

5 Using a smudger brush in a sweeping motion apply color 4 to under eye area

6 Using a smudger brush again, blend color 3 with 4 under the eye

7 Line top lid with a black liquid liner, I used Clinique Eye Defining Liner in black

8 Line top and bottom waterline, I used MAC Powerpoint Eye Pencil in Engraved

9 Line lash line with a liquid eyeliner, I used MAC Penultimate Eye Liner (comes in one shade which is black)

10 Apply mascara to top and bottom lashes, I used Covergirl Lash Blast in Very Black

11 Use a light shadow or cream color base to highlight inner eye and brow bone. I used MAC Cream Color Base in Luna.

Figure 1














12 I filled my lip using a lip brush and this color from the Sephora colorbox:















If you want to see a video tutorial on this look, let me know.

No comments:

Post a Comment