Sunday, September 12, 2010

Product Review: L'Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Professional Matte Shadow Duos (Animated)




Hey guys!

So this is a product review for L'Oreal HiP Studio Secrets Professional Matte Shadow duo in Animated. I initially bought this product because I was in a pinch and needed a matte white shadow. I know a lot of people are in love with the HiP shadows so I thought, why not? This would be a good time to try!

I never bought it in the past because I was hesitant to buy this since the price is between $8-10. I think that's a lot for drug-store makeup, especially when its only two shadows.

Either way, I purchased the product and immediately went home to try it. I have to say--I was very disappointed. First, the eyeshadow wasn't nearly as pigmented as I thought it would be. I mean it says in the title, "HIGHLY pigmented", but it wasn't at all. I mean, it wasn't as sheer as usual drug store makeup, but it wasn't exceptionally pigmented either. I had to layer it on a few times for it to look as vibrant as I wanted it to.

The blue was the same, just as sheer. I don't like blue eyeshadow on me, but I tried it just so I could give a fair review. Both colors weren't as pigmented as I'd hoped. And they both faded easily throughout the day (one day with a mixing medium and the next with a primer--both days the shades faded).

Overall, I would not buy this product again, but it was nice to try it out. Have you guys used HiP? What is your impression of it?

No comments:

Post a Comment